Dec 28, 2008

5 games that really MUST come to the iPhone!


I recently read an article about games that should be ported to the iPhone, and while the list consisted of a good collection of games, most of them had already been released. So that sucked. But as I luckily have had my first iPhone bestowed upon me, by the sheer generosity of a former client, I can now join the club of making silly lists that no one reads.

So here goes.

The iPhones lack of controls could be a huge drawback in terms of finding games suitable to port. But no. Not really. As the iPhone excels in one very specific area. Point and click! And therefore there are tons of turn based strategy games out there, and the good old fashioned adventure point and click games.

5. Fallout / Fallout 2

This game would be AWESOME to have ported. Not only is it one of the best Role Playing Games out there, but the scope and the longevity of these games should be reason enough.

4. Diablo / Diablo 2

Once again; games where you do nothing else than point and click. Also spawned a whole generation with mouse click infections in their clicking joints. Diablo has a safe place in my heart as the two games I've spent most time on ever. Would be sweet to pull out your iPhone at the subway, for a round of demon slashing action between stops.

3. Monkey Island 1 + 2 + 3 + ....

And then some. If LucasArt could pull themselves together a little, they would discover that they are sitting on a cash cow ready to be milked. In the early nineties they were releasing one amazing graphic adventure game after the other. Monkey Island, Grim Fandango, Sam & Max Hit The Road and so on. The list is long, and the games are great. A little updating with better graphics and we are golden.

2. Alone In The Dark

A semi adventure, action game. Spawned a horrible movie by Uwe Boll, but the games were pretty good. And really scary for the time. Which leads me to a PlayStation classic:

1. Resident Evil

This one would need a little modding, and it's a really long time ago since I played the first one. But I think it would be possible to do with point and click. Maybe I'm wrong. Tell me in the comments....:)

That's it. The iPhone has just begun the gaming game.

No comments: